Since our platform has an integration with your payroll provider, we can take a lot of work off your plate regarding the processing of your payroll files through automation.
Gustol offers a 360° level of integration.
This guide will help you set up your integration as well as help you understand your specific responsibilities for the proper administration and submission of payroll files.
- Is My Version of Gusto Compatible With the Integration?
- What is payroll integration and how does my integration work?
- How Do I Initiate My Integration Setup?
- What Are My Responsibilities if My Plan Has an Active Payroll Integration?
- What does MyCTSavings handle for me if my plan has an active payroll integration?
- How Do I Disconnect My Integration?
- Are There Any Reasons Why My Company Might Not Be Eligible for an Integration?
Is My Version of Gusto Compatible With the Integration?
Gusto offers several products that have similar names. Below is a list of the integration-compatible product/version names offered by Gusto 👇
Gusto (Simple, Plus, or Premium)
Visit https://gusto.com/product/pricing for more information on your Gusto product.
What is a payroll integration and how does my integration work?
A payroll integration is a process in which MyCTSavings will receive demographic information about your employees and their payroll contributions via an automated feed directly from Gusto on each pay date.
Your integration is a 360° automated integration. This is a two-way integration in which MyCTSavings will automatically receive certain information about your company and employees from your payroll system, process employee contributions to MyCTSavings, and automatically send your employee's selected deferral elections from their MyCTSavings employer portal to your payroll provider..
How do I initiate my integration setup?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to use the integration.
Please note, that until the Gusto integration is activated, contribution uploads into the (state program name) portal will be required until our team has notified you that the integration can begin
What Are My Responsibilities if My Plan Has an Active Payroll Integration?
Our ability to successfully process your payroll files and administer your plan depends on you! It is your responsibility to:
- Add/ Edit Pay Groups
- Make sure any pay groups in your payroll system are also set up at MyCTSavings and vice versa. To edit a pay group name or set up new playgroups please see “How to add or change a pay group in your MyCTSavings account.”
- Employee Status Changes - Payroll System
- Make updates in your payroll system. Be sure to include a specific date when making these status changes in your payroll system
- Maintain complete, accurate, and up-to-date personal information within your payroll system - including date of birth, social security number, and email address.
- Pay Frequency/Schedule Changes
- Report any pay frequency or pay schedule changes to MyCTSavings.
- Review Payroll Data
- We rely on you to provide us with correct, updated, and complete data about your employees regardless of whether we receive that data directly from you or from your payroll provider. Regular audits and spot checks of the data provided to us will help you quickly identify and rectify any discrepancies.
What does MyCTSavings handle for me if my plan has an active payroll integration?
- MyCTSavings State IRA
- Set up and maintain certain deduction/earnings codes within your payroll system. Because MyCTSavings manages the codes, do not change this information unless expressly told to do so by your MyCTSavings Representative.
- Employee Deferrals - First Payroll
- Four business days prior to your first pay date with MyCTSavings, we will use the employee deferral rates in the MyCTSavings portal to set employee elections in your payroll system.
- Employee Deferral Updates
- Ongoing deferral changes made in the MyCTSavings portal by eligible employees will be set in your payroll system within two business days.
- Employee Status Changes - MyCTSavings Portal
- When you add, rehire or terminate employees in your payroll system, the changes will be reflected in the MyCTSavings portal.
- Processing Contributions
- Process employee deferrals which are maintained by the integration shortly after you run payroll in your payroll system. Even if you process your payroll early, MyCTSavings will not process the contributions file before the actual pay date.
How do I disconnect my integration?
To turn this off simply select ‘Disconnect’ under the integration status.
If you change payroll providers, it is your responsibility to inform us so that we can work with you to disconnect your integration and assess whether integration with a different payroll provider is available. Please reach out to email@example.com, and we will assist you.
Are there any reasons why my company might not be eligible for an integration?
There are some company features that currently prohibit the use of this payroll integration, including:
- Multiple logins with Gusto is not supported by the integration
- Funding source that is either paper check or ACH push